Thursday, August 28, 2008

Is he an Aussie? Is he, Lizzie?

Over the past two weeks, I spent a few free moments sketching concepts for some cartoon characters. Last week I resigned from my current job as a result of an internal promotion. I'm taking two weeks off before I start in my new role in head office on September 8. On the first day of my break, I went on a very long overdue creative rampage. After writing a few scenarios, I was able to get crackin' on a comic strip! Scandalous!

Having lived for many, many years in NZ, I heard about how the Aussies stole this and the Aussies stole that - fair enough, but what's hilarious is that many of the Aussies A) Are blissfully unaware, and B) Couldn't care less. Not unlike Canada and Zimbabwe, New Zealand is often confused with it's bigger neighbour and that brings us to Melbourne Fuzz's debut starring Baz the koala with special guest appearance from Australia's very own Nuck the Kiwi (get it? Cos he's actually...ah nevermind.)

3 comments:

Bibi Slippers said...

monty you are great man.
a humourist without doubt. much of your humour has an anarchic quality to it that I really like. humour=suprise > suprise =origional origional=creative therefore humour=creativity in essence. humourism is an art form that is running on the outside lane of the main flow bro.
well done son.

Bibi Slippers said...

btw, this is theo krynauw speaking using bibi's profile. :)

Mark said...

Haha the guy from Chicago looks like Craig Mitchell

Nice work Mally keep 'em coming